AQUAPONIC FARM & OUR MISSION
Our mission is to be the best in the world in micro hydro electric and water resource management: by evolving innovative damless hydroelectric and water transfer technology. We create Today’s Tall Tree Nurseries to support Micro Finance for women farmers and their families using the Carbon Tax Fund, a new form of foreign aid. We export Mechanization for a more productive Aquaponics Farm.
The Aquaponic Garden Farm
Generally, seeds sprout up seemingly overnight and then their growth is incredible. We use a combination of methods to start seeds and each method results in healthy gorgeous plants.
Lettuce was found to grow well under 50% shade cover from a shade cloth. The raceways can be covered with shade cloth. Other varieties of lettuce such as Manoa lettuce or romaine lettuce were found to grow well; kai choi and bok choy (Brassica juncea) and basil (Ocimum basilicum) have also done well. Other farmers grow beets, cucumber, tomatoes, blueberries, strawberries, and watercress.
One can grow a variety of organic seeds in each of these categories in this farm:
- Green Peppers
- Swiss Chard
- Over 100 varieties of Lettuce
- Jalapeño Peppers
- Dozens of varieties of tomatoes
- India Mustard
- Chinese Cabbage
- Long Green Beans
- Dozens of varieties of Asian greens
- Pak Choi
- A variety of herbs
Since plants don’t have to compete for water in aquaponics gardens, they may be planted quite densely. One can use cutting from herbs, tomatoes, and the base of a celery stalk.
An aquaponic system can help to teach kids about how plants and fish grow, and to teach them about the ecological interactions that are occurring between the fish, the plants and their environment.
Soil cultivation is time consuming and labor intensive, although
The Aquaponics Farm
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime…But why does the man have no fish? Not just through charitable funds, but we engender a genuine partnership with the oppressed. We develop Leadership Skills.
What should a community do with its unused land?
- The concept of an Agro forestry farm allows farmers to support themselves with crops while the trees of an orchard eventually become productive between 3 to 5 years. Net Present Value (NPV) of a tree is $1.49. (100 trees in 1/2 acre): $149
- Carbon Tax Funds will make a difference not just for the life of one person, but to an entire global community. Carbon sequestration of trees is the only solution to soak up excess carbon dioxide in the world: $1.49/tree
- Micro forestry enables communities of farm families to accomplish what none could accomplish by working alone. Over ten years, a woman farmer earns more than $5,600 from a half acre of trees and one acre of short-term crops.
- The Colony Rabbit Farm does the marketing and slaughtering: a two-month-old rabbit for breeding fetches at least 2,500 Ksh. On average 200 kits/month will be traded for 50 adult rabbits from the farm and the families return home with them or sell them to the farm at about 180 Ksh each: 36,000 Ksh
- The landlord earns fees for leasing his or her unused land with an offer to purchase.
- The women farmers and their families in groups of five (non-related) have access to micro loans and the long term sublease of their land.
- The nutrient-rich water generated by fish farming is used to fertilize nearby gardens and trees while producing 1,500 kg of fish per year.
- An irrigation/micro hydro system near flowing water without a dam in remote areas of underdeveloped countries is the second phase of our project: 780 Kw for 100,000 African households